Team Billabong welcomes you!
Here you find the most common questions. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, contact us.
Do I need to arrive on a specific day? Do lessons/ courses start on specific days?
- No, you can arrive/ start any day you wish.
Do you have a fixed schedule?
- No, we run classes every day (depending on demand). We usually start at 10:00 in the morning and are back around 14:00. The time can change due to the conditions.
What is the average age of the people staying in the Camp and which nationalities?
- The average age is between 25-35 years, in summer 20-30 year. We are happy to welcome people from all over the world!
- Depending on flights, we have guests from Germany, Britain, Scandinavia, Italy, France, Russia, Belgium & The Netherlands, Austria & Switzerland, France and also Australia and South Africa.
Are there a lot of single travellers?
- Most of our guests travel alone. We also have couples and friends travelling together. It is easy to get in contact with the others and have a good time.
What makes you unique?
- We are the only Surf Camp right on the beach. There is free coffee and tea in the Camp. Furthermore all of our guests have free use of our Kayaks, SUPs and Skateboards.
CAMPHOUSE / SUITE / APARTMENTS / STUDIOS
Within the ground of Billabong Surf Camp & School we have:
- A big shared garden area with BBQ, hammocks, sun beds etc
- The office and school
- The Camp House with 2 shared dorms and 2 bath rooms, shared living room and kitchen. Upstairs you find the private Suite (double room) with sea view with private bathroom.
- The 1 bedroom Apartment (ground floor) with 2 king size beds, living room with sea view and kitchen
- On the first floor you find our 2 Studios and the 2 Apartments (2 bed room)
Do you have cooking facilities or provide meals?
- We have a fully equipped kitchen in the Camp House for the guests staying in the dorms and the Suite. The Apartments and Studios have their own private facilities. For our guests, who have booked a Surfpack, we provide a welcome package with water, juice, milk, cereales, toast bread, coffee and bisquits. The communal garden area has a barbeque. We do not provide any meals, to keep the holidays for our guests as flexible as possible. It is up to you if you want to cook for yourself, or with the other guests. Or just go out for dinner. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and supermarkets close by.
Do I need to bring towels, linen etc?
- We provide you with all linen and towels (weekly exchange).
Do you have WiFi?
- Yes, we have free WiFi for our guests. You may also use our printer to print your boarding passes or shuttle vouchers.
PAYMENT / BOOKING / CANCELLATION
How does the payment work?
- We require a 50% deposit paid within 3 days to secure your booking. The payment can be done by bank transfer. The final payment needs to be done upon arrival in cash or with credit card.
I need to cancel my booking. How does it work?
- We offer one free change of the date for our Surfpack & accommodation bookings, that have been canceled latest 7 days prior arrival. For the detailed policy please click Cancelation Policy.
Billabong Surf Camp & School is located directly on the beach of Waikiki/ Galera. At the end of "Calle la Red" you will find us on the leftern side – beach entrance! 😊
The check in is possible from 14:00 – 17:00. Early arrivals & late check outs are welcome to leave their belongings in our office and use the Camp facilities (10:00 – 17:00). For arrivals after 17:00 in the Camp, a provided mobile number needs to be called. One of our Team members will be waiting for you in the Camp office.
How to arrive
From the airport to Puerto del Rosario
Bus number 3 run every thirty minutes, leaving on the hour and half past. Estimated time to destination is 10 minutes and price is 1.35€ approximately.
From Puerto del Rosario to Corralejo
Bus number 6 run every 30 minutes, leaving on the hour and half past. Estimated time to destination in 40 minutes and price is 3.10€ approximately.
These times run from Monday to Saturday, Sundays and holidays buses leave hourly on the hour.
Airport Transfer Companies
Price is 45€ approximately. Estimated time to destination is 35 minutes.
A booking will be confirmed from both sides, as the deposit payment is made by the client.
1. If the client decides to cancel the current contract, he must notify Surf Town S.L. at least fifteen days prior to the start of it. In this case, the client is entitled to a refund of amounts paid. If such cancellation, by the client, is reported to Surf Town SL with a period of less than fifteen days and more than seven days, a penalty of 20% of the deposit will be incurred. A cancellation of less than seven days before the start, the client will not be entitled to reimbursement of the amounts paid.
2. The deposit paid can be saved for a future reservation within a period not exceeding one year, of the original booking date. The client may select one new date for the stay, provided space is available in the new period chosen by the client. If the cancelation is made less than 7 days prior to arrival, there will be no refund or change of date.
3. A reservation will be cancelled if all required data are incorrect or incomplete. In the case of any payment by bank transfer, Surf Town SL reserves the right to cancel the reservation in case data reflected on it are different than those indicated by the web.